Sunday 21 October 2012

Two weeks become three - oops!

I know, I know, late with the blog again!  Have I any excuses?  Loads probably but let’s just get on with it …

Talking of excuses, in the first week of October I had an excellent one for missing a meeting – I managed to fall UP a hill!!  My knees aren’t great at the best of times, and after my fall the left one looked like I’d done a few rounds with Mike Tyson, so Doctor Jeff advised rest.  Funnily enough I didn’t disagree!

But before you get the wrong idea, the last three weeks have been pretty busy with a number of formal council meetings, one lasting almost 4 hours, and informal meetings with officers, fellow ward councillors etc etc, plus other events, surgeries, and doing casework.  And there is the small matter of running a business, including working on my tax return!

And yet still something new – finance sub-committee for Seaview.  I’ve been to hundreds of meetings in my time and read lots of financial reports so this one stands out.  Why?  It was the first time I can recall having looked at one and more or less understood it before an explanation.  And there have been plenty where I’ve still not got a clue AFTERWARDS!

Whilst not my in role as a councillor I will finish by saying I had what I feel was a very worthwhile Saturday spent in London on the A Future that Works march.  Question is, unless something drastic happens, will it?

Les

No comments:

Post a Comment