Friday 7 October 2016

A Tale of Two CACs

Had a break early September but back into things after a week or so. 

Mid month I attended one of my Cabinet Advisory Committees (CACs), Education and Young People.  Unfortunately I had been unable to get to Pentrehafod School that same afternoon, which was a visit to find out what it does to help motivate pupils who might otherwise end up with no plans for what they will do on leaving school.  From being on this committee, and as a governor, I get the feeling that most schools have a better approach these days, try to be inclusive, providing far more help & support within the school itself, and go to greater lengths in order to see potential in all pupils.

Towards the end of the month I also went to my other CAC. 
This one looks at all aspects of the council as a corporate body - quite a range of topics to cover!  One area we have been helping to steer is that of making more public places smoke-free.  Started earlier in the year with Caswell Bay Beach we are now looking at Primary school gates, and will be trialling this venture at Seaview in October.  So do look out for more on this in the future.  


Les

No comments:

Post a Comment