Monday 3 August 2015

Long Term Plans

Whilst I haven't had many meetings over the past month or so I have had time to make a bit more progress on a couple of long term projects. 

I have become very interested in the possibility of introducing 'Friends of' schemes in Townhill ward, and Mayhill "Washing" Pond seems an ideal spot to see if this can take off.  Residents & Communities 1st have already being making inroads in getting the pond tidy but I, along with others, think the long term answer to keep it tidy is definitely getting a group of residents on board and this is what we intend looking into in the coming months.

I have also looked in more details as to how the NEAT team works - these are people with learning disabilities but through support are able to learn practical skills by doing outdoor work, not just clearing litter but bringing patches of derelict land into leisure use.  To get a better idea I visited Polly Park in St Thomas.  The improvements they have made really show just what great work they can do given the right expert guidance. 

And to finish on another positive, I am delighted to 

see the wonderful wild flowers yet again in full bloom, such as on the corner of Penygraig & Dyfed, and also half way down Gwent Road.  I hope everyone can agree that it does make such a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment